Pirelli Tires on WR 450

1 reply to this topic
  • RNS

Posted May 14, 2003 - 05:54 PM

Has anyone had experience with pirelli tires on the rear of a WR 450. I just put on a pirelli MT 44 110/100 18 on the rear and it looks like it is too narrow. The stock Dunflop I took off was the same size tire 110/100 it is a 1/4" or more wider. Is there major differences in tire sizes between manufactures? :)

I like the pirelli Mt 32 on the front it came as the same size as the stock tire. I don't get the rear tire being so much narrower. My concern is that it will spin to easily. Any suggestions or past experience's with this mt44 pirelli tire would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted May 15, 2003 - 04:44 AM

I'm running an MT44 on the rear, I think it is a 120/100x18. It barely fits. Normally, tires will flatten out after a while as they wear and start to become a little wider. The MT44 is holding up pretty well and so far it is a toss up between it and a Michelin M12. I haven't tried it in the rocks yet so we'll see.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.