motion pro rear axle tool

6 replies to this topic
  • Paco Paez

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:44 PM

any alternatives to buying the very expensive motion pro rear axle nut removing tool for my 09wr450?

• SAthump

Posted February 01, 2010 - 08:41 PM

??? the rear axle nut tool would be a socket.

• Paco Paez

Posted February 01, 2010 - 08:54 PM

??? the rear axle nut tool would be a socket.

sorry bad explanation no problem there i was talking about to do repairs on the trail

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted February 02, 2010 - 07:46 AM

any alternatives to buying the very expensive motion pro rear axle nut removing tool for my 09wr450?

I presume you're talking about the very thin wrench that will fit the rear and front axle nuts.....?

Just pony up and buy it!! When you need it on the trail and you don't have it because you will be pissed! Not to mention at that moment you would pay twice what it cost if you just had it now. MSR makes a good one too.

Posted Image

OR.... You could just carry around a 27mm socket and ratchet. Or maybe a 27mm box end wrench. Either would be good training as they would ad a pound or two to your tool pack.

• JM450

Posted February 02, 2010 - 06:24 PM

I just picked up the Tusk version and it seem well made. It fits both the front and the rear on my 2008 wr 450. It fits in my pack.

http://www.rockymoun...2#vehicleSelect

• Paco Paez

Posted February 04, 2010 - 05:17 PM

thanks guys ordered the msr thats a better price i was given an over 50.00 buks quote @ a store near for the motion pro tool. this is wy i love tt

• sameoldme

Posted February 04, 2010 - 10:30 PM

I just picked up the Tusk version and it seem well made. It fits both the front and the rear on my 2008 wr 450. It fits in my pack.

http://www.rockymoun...2#vehicleSelect

I got mine at RM too (for my XR), 12 bucks it's a no brainer!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.