2010 YZ450 vs RMZ450 handling

5 replies to this topic
  • SoZo

Posted February 01, 2010 - 09:36 AM

I know its a biased forum but which bike handles better the 2010 YZ450 or the RMZ450. I hear the RMZ can get twitchie on fast straights but man I rode one and wow it falls into ruts so easy! I have a 08 YZ450 now which I love but looking for some input on the new 2010...

Thanks!

Edited by SoZo, February 01, 2010 - 09:39 AM.
added type of bike

• Mike546

Posted February 01, 2010 - 01:38 PM

I know its a biased forum but which bike handles better the 2010 YZ450 or the RMZ450. I hear the RMZ can get twitchie on fast straights but man I rode one and wow it falls into ruts so easy! I have a 08 YZ450 now which I love but looking for some input on the new 2010...

Thanks!

Well I have an 08 RMZ 450 which is the best turning bike I have ever ridden. I had an 06 YZ450F and it just didn't want to turn, I know some of you guys are happy with the turning of the bike but I never was. I've only got two rides on my 2010 YZ on an indoor track but the turning feels pretty much on par with the RMZ. The suspension on the Yamaha feels better than the RMZ, probably as plush as your 08. I think you will be really impressed with the either bike coming off of an 08 YZ450F. That's the opinion of an old C class rider, I wouldn't hesitate buying either bike. Hope it helps.

• Kawirider37

Posted August 28, 2010 - 11:31 PM

anyone else have more info. I'd like to read more comparisons.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • la_trevi

Posted August 28, 2010 - 11:52 PM

anyone else have more info. I'd like to read more comparisons.

i think Pat Foster of Transworld Motocross already explained in detail (on a YZ450F video for 2010) how the bike really cornered well, its ultra-aggressive power off the bottom compared to the others, its plush suspension characteristics, and its high-speed straight-line stability.

You might wanna check him out at TWMX: http://motocross.tra...introduction/2/

Ciao!

• whiskey wheelie

Posted August 29, 2010 - 10:30 PM

ive never riden a bike as stable as the 10 yz450 personally... i ride offroad and see no need for a stabilizer and gota say the bike turns great too... i hated the older model yz's too and said i'd never own another. now i gota say this is the bet bike ive ever riden.

• YamaLink

Posted August 30, 2010 - 05:44 AM

True. The last time I needed a stabilizer for my non-racing desert adventures was when I got off the Honda CRF in 2004-ish. I'm sure I'd have one on the Yamahas if I raced desert or rocks often.

As for the RMZ, typical suzuki cornering. Since 06 anything yellow craves and carves an inside line.

ive never riden a bike as stable as the 10 yz450 personally... i ride offroad and see no need for a stabilizer and gota say the bike turns great too... i hated the older model yz's too and said i'd never own another. now i gota say this is the bet bike ive ever riden.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.