YZ rear fender question????

3 replies to this topic
  • DKyle

Posted May 14, 2003 - 08:41 AM

I want to make sure that a YZ rear fender will bolt up on my 2003 WR450F. Am I right in assuming this? Are there any modifications necessary?

• ThrottleJocky

Posted May 14, 2003 - 09:44 AM

Yes, you will have to cut holes in fender for overflow bottle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ridin'_MD

Posted May 14, 2003 - 11:31 AM

I swapped oout the WR for an Acerbis fender. Like ThrottleJockey said, you've got to cut for the overflow bottle. I had to do a bit more trimming, but nothing a Dremmel can't handle. IMHO, why risk breaking the light? All the light does is help the guy behind you make the pass. Heading into the corner, all he has to do is hold off on breaking just until a bit after he sees your purty light and BAM, he's by you. :)

Bud :D

• timvv51

Posted May 14, 2003 - 12:17 PM

Yes, get rid of that mud collection system they call a light.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.