flat spot

3 replies to this topic
  • spookyyam

Posted January 31, 2010 - 04:10 PM

does anyone know how my bike keeps having a flat spot when riding slow its a 2004wr450f and it stalls as well ive put a new plug in could it be cause i havent set the gap on plug or is it something to do with the pilot screw

• phynx

Posted January 31, 2010 - 09:18 PM

You need to put more info. Is the bike new to you. Did you mess with the jetting. A new plug will not help flat spots. More info and we can help..
Go...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spookyyam

Posted February 03, 2010 - 10:45 AM

the bike is new to me it starts with a kick and then works with the electric start but when you open the throttle its fine but just on half throttle it has a splutter and when i stop the egine cuts out i dont know if i need to adjust the pilt screw or the throttle

• phynx

Posted February 03, 2010 - 12:10 PM

just on half throttle it has a splutter and when i stop the egine cuts out i dont know if i need to adjust the pilt screw or the throttle

Main jet suspect. Pull 18 out with main and inspect. Do you mean Fuel mixture screw when you say pilot screw? That will not be the issue unless it was moved before had or you move to way different elevation.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.