Works Connection frame guards for 2009 WR450f - where can i get them?

8 replies to this topic
  • drick

Posted January 31, 2010 - 12:42 PM

after doing a bunch of searching here and on the web, i can't find these for sale for my bike anywhere (including direct from WC).

Does anyone know where i can get them? I want to get the complete set (i.e. frame, rear master cylinder, rear caliper, and radiator). if they are not available any more, does anyone have another recommendation for a high quality aluminum substitute?

TIA

Edited by drick, February 01, 2010 - 07:03 AM.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 31, 2010 - 12:48 PM

Listen... you DO NOT want to find the works connection radiator guards. I guess the rest of the stuff is OK. But the works connection radiator guards will do absolutely nothing to protect your radiators. Look at Flatland or Devol for that.

I only use Flatlands to protect the radiators I replaced that were previously protected with the Works Connectionones. Understand????

• drick

Posted January 31, 2010 - 01:50 PM

Listen... you DO NOT want to find the works connection radiator guards. I guess the rest of the stuff is OK. But the works connection radiator guards will do absolutely nothing to protect your radiators. Look at Flatland or Devol for that.

I only use Flatlands to protect the radiators I replaced that were previously protected with the Works Connectionones. Understand????

so, i guess what you are trying to say is you are a big fan of WC? :ride:

frankly, i'm not sold on the radiator protectors yet either way. between those two, the flatlands look a little stronger to me.

thanks for the advice

• drick

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:04 AM

after doing a bunch of searching here and on the web, i can't find these for sale for my bike anywhere (including direct from WC).

Does anyone know where i can get them? I want to get the complete set (i.e. frame, rear master cylinder, rear caliper, and radiator). if they are not available any more, does anyone have another recommendation for a high quality aluminum substitute?

TIA

buehler.... buehler....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ASternad

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:41 AM

If you call/email the TT Shop, they most likely can find them since Tucker Rocky/Part Unlimited is a distributor. I've had them hunt down parts that are not listed in the catalog before.

• drick

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:50 AM

If you call/email the TT Shop, they most likely can find them since Tucker Rocky/Part Unlimited is a distributor. I've had them hunt down parts that are not listed in the catalog before.

being a n00b here, i was under the impression that TT shop was just a store front for someone else. i did send them an email already as they don't open until 9AM PST.

thanks for the suggestion

• drick

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:54 AM

TIA

well $h!t....:lol:

just got an email from WC saying they don't frigging make them anymore for the WR's, that SUCKS!! :ride:

anyone else have an opinion on what a high quality aluminum plan b might be? i already have emails into Devol & Flatlands asking for their availability and pricing.

• drick

Posted February 01, 2010 - 08:02 AM

p.s. does it make sense to mix and match between the 3, or should i get them all from one place?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 01, 2010 - 03:19 PM

so, i guess what you are trying to say is you are a big fan of WC? :ride:

frankly, i'm not sold on the radiator protectors yet either way. between those two, the flatlands look a little stronger to me.

thanks for the advice

am I that obvious? I like works connection, but just not the radiator guards.

Regarding whether or not radiator guards are needed... I had the WC guards on and I had to send the radiator out for repair twice. But the third time, I had to replace them. If you damage your radiators and you are 20 miles from your truck, you are screwed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.