WRF 450 Cutting out ?????

4 replies to this topic
  • rickbury1985

Posted January 31, 2010 - 12:41 PM

Please can anybody help, ive been having problems with my wrf 450 07 reg of late, when the throttle is opened up quickly then the engine cuts out, it has not always done this which makes me think the weather may have some affect with it being colder, I originally presumed it may have been the spark plug, that was changed but to no avail. at the time of when it started cutting out the bike had had no modifications done to it, I have recently carried out the free mods and removed the ais kit and im the process of fitting a jd jetting kit.
If anyody has any idea what may be causing this problem then please let me know.

many thanks

• phynx

Posted January 31, 2010 - 09:32 PM

Please can anybody help, ive been having problems with my wrf 450 07 reg of late, when the throttle is opened up quickly then the engine cuts out, it has not always done this which makes me think the weather may have some affect with it being colder, I originally presumed it may have been the spark plug, that was changed but to no avail. at the time of when it started cutting out the bike had had no modifications done to it, I have recently carried out the free mods and removed the ais kit and im the process of fitting a jd jetting kit.
If anyody has any idea what may be causing this problem then please let me know.

many thanks

I would check that AIR PILOT. If you are installing the jet kit, go through all the jets thoroughly. That should be the issue. Something is plugged. The AIS should not have anything to do with it. Just take off that bowl and go from there+ carb cleaner. If they are hard to clean (jets), use fine wire or fine drill bits...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • g-powerr

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:15 AM

It can also be the Accelarator Pump timing...

• phynx

Posted February 01, 2010 - 09:38 AM

It can also be the Accelarator Pump timing...

Yes, on TT lots of people talk about the AP timing with there new FCR or different carbs there fitting to there bikes, but I would not mess with that on this issue unless you have a new carb or have made other mods before your problem. That never really needs to be touched on stock bikes.

• rickbury1985

Posted February 02, 2010 - 08:53 AM

many thanks, im going to clean the air pilot and see if I have any joy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.