Some seriously custom 2010 gas tanks

8 replies to this topic
  • Luv2crash

Posted January 31, 2010 - 10:37 AM

Round 1 WORCS Team VMS with custom OS gas tanks, photo 25 midway down
http://theorc.com/ar...y-gallery.html#

• cowboyona426

Posted February 01, 2010 - 08:29 AM

Looks like the stock tank is still there, they just added a big hunk of aluminum/SS to the top of it somehow. Some better close-up photos would be awesome!

• DPW

Posted February 01, 2010 - 10:47 AM

I think Suzuki use to or still does the same thing to their WORCS bikes also

Posted Image

http://dirtbikemagazine.com

• cowboyona426

Posted February 01, 2010 - 11:08 AM

I think Suzuki use to or still does the same thing to their WORCS bikes also

Posted Image

http://dirtbikemagazine.com

Sure wish there was more info on what they did... looks like they cut the tank and stuffed an aluminum/SS insert in there to up the capacity slightly?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted February 01, 2010 - 11:11 AM

Does that thing come with nuts protection?

• jmetteer

Posted February 01, 2010 - 11:22 AM

I believe that is just for the dry break system, it needs 2" of clearance to work properly.

Later,

• osheen

Posted February 02, 2010 - 11:49 PM

Saw it in person last weekend. That is just for the dry break set up. I'm not exactly sure how they grafted it on though.

It works great, but only if you come in for a pit stop! :D :lol: :bonk: Kyle Summers was in 2nd place and ran out of fuel 1/3 of the way into the race. Meanwhile Taylor Robert ran away with the victory for the VMS team. :ride:

• Luv2crash

Posted February 03, 2010 - 07:34 AM

Saw it in person last weekend. That is just for the dry break set up. I'm not exactly sure how they grafted it on though.

It works great, but only if you come in for a pit stop! :D :lol: :bonk: Kyle Summers was in 2nd place and ran out of fuel 1/3 of the way into the race. Meanwhile Taylor Robert ran away with the victory for the VMS team. :ride:

Ok thanks, so its just for the dry break system. Jeez who woulda guessed holding more than a gallon an a half would be a luxury:bonk:

• one lost one

Posted February 03, 2010 - 08:44 AM

I was talking to a writer for one of the mags and he said w/ that canister, they only have to refuel 3 times. W/ out it, 4 times. All the other bikes had to refuel only twice. I'm not sure how accurate that is since I didn't watch any of the pit action going on behind the stands. But those 2010 yzf's were by far the most gorgeous bikes out there last weekend.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.