Keihin FCR 28 Pumper

8 replies to this topic
  • ACS

Posted May 13, 2003 - 07:57 PM

It looks like Keihin is making a 28 mm pumper carb. :D Its on the Kitaco web site Kitaco Site and its expensive as a kit. Carb is tall and would be difficult to fit in most minis but its listed for a Z50!

It is possible that it is available from other sources. :)

• socalxr

Posted May 14, 2003 - 04:23 AM

We've had one for few years. We even machined a 24mm venturi for it, but it's too tall for our applications. Also, HRC has a 24mm FCR carb somewhere in Japan, but I've have yet to track it down. An importer had one, but wanted $1200 for it. Someone needs to go to Japan and find it. Also, I've seen what looked like a 24mm PD pumper carb that looked exactly like our 24mm carb that we use off the 200x, but pumper. I've believe it was a knockoff Keihin carb from Taiwan or China. The guy that had it said he got it from Stroker (Larry Rosler). That's the carb I want to try to get. It's just a little taller than the standard PD and uses the same body. So I imagine some moped out there has a pumper on it that we can use

• ToaDsiX

Posted May 14, 2003 - 05:33 AM

what advantage do you get when you use a pumper carb on the little(100 and 200) motors????

• ACS

Posted May 14, 2003 - 02:18 PM

The pump covers the big hole or gasp the carb does by having a big carb with low air velocity when you rip open the throttle. There is a lag in the fuel delivery out of the jets and the squirt covers this lag.

Socalxr did it make power?

This is one Chinese carb that has a pump on it HG125-2 motorcycle carburetor Type PZ27 but no idea how to get one or a bigger one. The site www.carburetorchina.com has basic tech stuff on it but the details and pic doesnt match as its a 250cc bike carb so its probably a 26 mm carb.

• ToaDsiX

Posted May 15, 2003 - 05:35 AM

This is one Chinese carb that has a pump on it HG125-2 motorcycle carburetor Type PZ27 but no idea how to get one or a bigger one. The site www.carburetorchina.com has basic tech stuff on it but the details and pic doesnt match as its a 250cc bike carb so its probably a 26 mm carb.

I just saw one of those on ebay very recently in the xr200 category. I could be wrong but im pretty sure is was just like that :)

~ToaD :D

• socalxr

Posted May 15, 2003 - 11:16 AM

THAT'S IT!!!! :) :D Now, how do we get it?

• ACS

Posted May 15, 2003 - 02:07 PM

I found a Mikuni version as well. The Mikuni looks a better carb and has a biogger slide. They are made to be fitted onto the 150cc performance/sports bikes built around the CG125 /150 motor it seems which is a version of the XR/SL/TL/CRF (Yep a Chinese, Korean and Tawianese 150). Could a source be somebody that brings in the 110cc motors and XR50 stuff into USA out of China etc? A lot of the web sites list the Z50/XR50/70 motors along with the carbs.

OK guys who has a source............

• minifig-phil

Posted May 15, 2003 - 04:13 PM

I have no idea but I'm in for at least one maybe 2! Anyone?

• NesbaCR

Posted May 19, 2003 - 11:00 AM

Well, looking at that website, I recognize Zongshen. They are a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer. Cycle World and Motorcyclist reported a couple years back that they were planning to import a SV650-style bike here in the States.

Here's some importer information I found online:

Products/Services: [CN] Motorcycle, Scooter, Bike Parts, and Alloy Wheel
Message: We are main manufacture of motorcycle, scooter, bike parts and motorcycle alloy wheel,we have serise of 125cc 100cc 90cc 50cc etc. In the meantime we are the biggest and oldest in bike derailleur system, brake systm, pedas and alloy wheel. for more info, pls go over our website at http://www.chinacycles.com
www.thaipost.com - Power Post
E-mail: eddie@public.cx.nbptt.zj.cn
Date: August 16, 1999 at 00:15:06
Name: Eddie Xu
Position: Salesmanager
Company: Ningbo Kangda Bicycle Co., Ltd Ningbo Zongshen Motorcycle Co., Ltd
Address: Zonghan, Cixi City, Ningbo, China
City/State: Ningbo
Zip Code: 315301
Telephone: 86 574 3201111/3204336
Fax: 86 574 3201111

Here's a little trivia for you too. China manufactures over 11.5 million motorcycles PER YEAR.

I wonder what their racetracks are like??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Xr200r Cam Chain way to loose by spooledupgti

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

Building a Dirt Bike by htimsrolyat

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  41 replies
Forums
Photo

I need Opinion on an Issue for XR200R by vfrriderus

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

what kind of dirt bike should i get by tim1511

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

XR200R Modification Guide by Quick Draw

• Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.