09WR450 turn signal problems

8 replies to this topic
  • bradh1976

Posted January 29, 2010 - 06:37 PM

The blinkers have started flashing at a very fast speed and now sometimes wont work. All the bulbs are working and have also checked for bad connections and they all seem ok,I don't have a pocket tester to check for faults elsewhere so was wondering if anyone else has had the same fault?
Thanks

• n19dg2

Posted January 30, 2010 - 05:26 AM

What kind of turn signals are you running (LED or bulbs)? Sounds like your flasher may be the problem.

• slygary

Posted January 30, 2010 - 04:27 PM

Try changing your flasher box located under the fuel tank.

• phynx

Posted January 31, 2010 - 09:43 PM

If you are running stock bulbs, you may have a bad bulb. You won't be able to tell by just looking at it-filiment. Take one new bulb and with that one go through (swapping)the four till you get the bad one; if that is the issue. Let us know the results...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • willy_fitz

Posted February 01, 2010 - 06:47 AM

With the fault you described I doubt it is a bulb problem. It is much more likely that a flasher unit is the problem.

Edited by willy_fitz, February 01, 2010 - 01:11 PM.

• phynx

Posted February 01, 2010 - 07:04 AM

With the fault you discribed I doubt it is a bulb problem. It is much more likely that a flasher unit is the problem.

Not trying to have a pissing contest, but I have seen it twice at the shop over the years. Flashers going bad are not too common. It's worth the 5 minutes.

• willy_fitz

Posted February 01, 2010 - 01:26 PM

If the fault occurs when the signals are turn on in only the one direction then the fault could be in the bulb. However it sounds from the original description that the fault occurs regardless of which direction is selected. If this is true then the flasher unit is suspect.

• Parx_400

Posted February 01, 2010 - 01:58 PM

Not trying to have a pissing contest, but I have seen it twice at the shop over the years. Flashers going bad are not too common. It's worth the 5 minutes.

Mine went bad.

• bradh1976

Posted February 01, 2010 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for the advice guy's ,located the flasher, turns out their not water proof so the first time you do a valve check and the rubber strap holding it in is broken make sure you zip tie it in with the connection facing down.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.