2007 YZ450F throttle stuck

7 replies to this topic
  • ReedRulz

Posted January 29, 2010 - 11:16 AM

I just put the JD jet kit in my 07 YZ450F and I was at the track riding and the throttle stuck. I pulled the top plate off and was wiggling the throttle and the slide was free but the needle was stuck in a low position. I tried to pull the needle up and it was stuck. I twisted the throttle back hard and the needle broke loose. I took out the red needle because it seemed like the bike was running a little lean because of the cold weather. I put the blue needle in and twisted the throttle back and forth several times and its very smooth. Has anyone had this problem with the needle sticking, sure dont want it to happen again. Thanks for any help.....

• 8upnmx

Posted January 29, 2010 - 03:46 PM

Its a Japanese thing, must be part Toyota.

• l_campionero

Posted January 29, 2010 - 03:55 PM

How long since you've replaced the throttle cables? New cables are cheap insurance.

• ReedRulz

Posted January 29, 2010 - 05:11 PM

Its a Japanese thing, must be part Toyota.

This makes no sense. Why Toyota? Yamaha is Japanese already.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ReedRulz

Posted January 29, 2010 - 05:12 PM

How long since you've replaced the throttle cables? New cables are cheap insurance.

The cables are in top shape very smooth. The needle is what was stuck not the cables.

• SAthump

Posted January 29, 2010 - 09:30 PM

This makes no sense. Why Toyota? Yamaha is Japanese already.

I think it was a joke aimed at toyota's recalls for stuck throttles.

• ReedRulz

Posted January 30, 2010 - 06:17 AM

Oh I havent heard anything about that.

• 8upnmx

Posted January 30, 2010 - 06:18 AM

Yes, it was a joke aimed at toyota's massive recalls.:ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.