2009 YZ450F - Mods Complete

21 replies to this topic
  • sro2004

Posted January 29, 2010 - 05:16 AM

Whatcha think? :ride:

Fork Springs, Shock Spring, Amsoil Shock Therapy Fluids, SDG Step Seat, Renthal Fatbars RC High, Moose Hand Guards, Pro Taper Pillow-Top Grips, Twin Air Filter, FLO SS Oil Filter, Dunlop Geomax MX51 Front/Rear, Re-Greased Swingarm/Linkage.

Posted Image

• DPW

Posted January 29, 2010 - 05:31 AM

looks perfect to me, I wouldn't change a thing other then the bark busters...but I don't venture into the woods too much..

I like the nice clean stock look...

• dvn

Posted January 29, 2010 - 06:01 AM

Looks good. I'd ditch the stock chain before you ruin the sprockets.

• sro2004

Posted January 29, 2010 - 07:47 AM

Thanks guys.

I'm not riding woods much either these days, but I don't have the budget right now for the new "unbreakable" (black) levels I want. The handguards are really just acting like lever-savers for the time being!

I actually want to hang a black rear sprocket on her anyway. Along with a TMD chain guide (black), case guard (black) and rear disk guard (black). But that's it! :ride:

• mxdan82

Posted January 29, 2010 - 08:25 AM

I think it looks really good, I would put on full handguards but thats just me. I actually think the 09 and older yz's in white look better than the 2010 YZ which hasn't grown on my eyes yet.

• sro2004

Posted January 29, 2010 - 09:17 AM

I don't know...this '10 looks very beautiful to me...

Looks fast just sitting there!

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted January 29, 2010 - 12:46 PM

I like hand guards for the protection they provide my hands from crunched fingers and such in crashes and tip-overs, as well as for the levers and the throttle tube and grips. I prefer the Cycra Pro-Bends, though.

ASV sells refurbished levers on eBay. I got two sets of C5's for less than the cost of one when I got mine. Search for ASV.

• myoung

Posted January 29, 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thanks guys.

I'm not riding woods much either these days, but I don't have the budget right now for the new "unbreakable" (black) levels I want. The handguards are really just acting like lever-savers for the time being!

I actually want to hang a black rear sprocket on her anyway. Along with a TMD chain guide (black), case guard (black) and rear disk guard (black). But that's it! :lol:

So.......I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you like black. LOL

Looks good so far. :ride:

• stroker101

Posted January 29, 2010 - 01:16 PM

Whatcha think? :ride:

Fork Springs, Shock Spring, Amsoil Shock Therapy Fluids, SDG Step Seat, Renthal Fatbars RC High, Moose Hand Guards, Pro Taper Pillow-Top Grips, Twin Air Filter, FLO SS Oil Filter, Dunlop Geomax MX51 Front/Rear, Re-Greased Swingarm/Linkage.

Posted Image

looks sweet! luv those blk wheels. only thing i would add is an airbox decal to keep it protected from scratches

oh, and that 2010 pic that was posted, doesn't look any faster than ur 09 :lol:

• 8upnmx

Posted January 29, 2010 - 03:55 PM

Times two !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brawg

Posted February 12, 2010 - 10:29 PM

Looks like a sweet ride that i wish i had! But, if it were me and if i was gonna put it in the woods (as i so LOVE to do) i would route that crank case vent hose into the air box...ask anyone who stalled an kicked their bike in a mudhole, creek crossing or other 12" deep water hole...costly!

• crf450rider64

Posted February 13, 2010 - 05:17 AM

I remember when my bike was all new and nice. All the cosmetic stuff on my ride is very tired! All the important stuff (internal, suspension etc) is in excellent shape. I say Character??? lol
Very sharp bike !!

• machalooney

Posted February 13, 2010 - 07:42 AM

What about radiator braces??? You can get some lightweight Moose braces that will save you a fortune from replacing your radiators.

• Dick Falcon

Posted February 13, 2010 - 07:52 AM

heres my 09 i love it!http://056

• Dick Falcon

Posted February 13, 2010 - 07:52 AM

well that didnt work.lol

• sro2004

Posted February 13, 2010 - 08:21 AM

I ordered some Flatlands radiator braces yesterday. I noticed I'm starting to get a hint of crush damage to my left rad. The track I ride has a wicked sand section...which usually gets me off the bike at least once per day...

• machalooney

Posted February 13, 2010 - 10:11 AM

I ordered some Flatlands radiator braces yesterday. I noticed I'm starting to get a hint of crush damage to my left rad. The track I ride has a wicked sand section...which usually gets me off the bike at least once per day...

I know it, damn radiators will crush if the bike accidentally tips over! I'll bet my radiator braces saved my ass a dozen times last summer out in the backcountry.

Since we have five months of snow, I have just spent the past month slowly tearing the bike down and piecing back together to be prepared for spring!!! Love my 09'!

• motoscotty

Posted February 13, 2010 - 03:16 PM

Bike looks great but have done anything to the jetting?
They run good stock but it will run sooo muck better with proper jetting and AC pump work.

• sro2004

Posted February 13, 2010 - 08:29 PM

What do you have in mind? The bike performs flawlessly now...couldn't imagine it getting much better.

• crf450rider64

Posted February 14, 2010 - 04:52 AM

What do you have in mind? The bike performs flawlessly now...couldn't imagine it getting much better.

Mine runs great as well. I got rid of the factory pipe. She was a little lean then, a few turns on the fuel screw and now instead of runs great, she rips !!!! There was a power difference between my Honda and the YZ. After the pipe that problem is gone. Other than the suspension revalve, that made the biggest change to my bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.