Stator question

5 replies to this topic
  • PARKER520

Posted January 28, 2010 - 05:43 PM

Will a stator from a 06 WR450 fit an 08? I'm asking because I found 2 websites that sell them and one says it fits yrs 03-06, and the other says it fits yrs 05-09. :ride:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 28, 2010 - 06:03 PM

Will a stator from a 06 WR450 fit an 08?

Yes :ride:

• phynx

Posted February 03, 2010 - 10:00 PM

Will a stator from a 06 WR450 fit an 08? I'm asking because I found 2 websites that sell them and one says it fits yrs 03-06, and the other says it fits yrs 05-09. :ride:

Are you looking to put more watts into a light system? I would do the Baja designs conversion, easy and economical. Just my 2 cents.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted February 04, 2010 - 12:08 PM

Are you looking to put more watts into a light system? I would do the Baja designs conversion, easy and economical. Just my 2 cents.

If your going to dual sport the bike and put around town I would Pick an aftermarket one over the Baja D. For me the Baja D would only keep up the battery if I was on it all the time. If I was riding around town all the stopping made the battery die. The Trail tech works much better for this.

• phynx

Posted February 04, 2010 - 12:17 PM

If your going to dual sport the bike and put around town I would Pick an aftermarket one over the Baja D. For me the Baja D would only keep up the battery if I was on it all the time. If I was riding around town all the stopping made the battery die. The Trail tech works much better for this.

Okay.. I have heard good things about Trail tech. Yes, I only do trails and some night riding in the boonies and the BD is good enough for that.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 04, 2010 - 12:59 PM

If your going to dual sport the bike and put around town I would Pick an aftermarket one over the Baja D.

No true...the BD stator mod for dual sporting with 1 hid is way more than enough.

The only time one should look for more power is when they want to power heated grips, dual hides etc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.