gas tank cap question

2 replies to this topic
  • robsgt

Posted January 28, 2010 - 02:16 PM

I bought one of those little vent hoses with the anodized fitting for the gas cap(06yzf450). I opened the package, stuck it in some hot water to slip over the little nipple. It went right on & I didnt ride for a week so it dried up nice & tight. Well I went riding & after a few laps on the mx track, I noticed a lot of gas was coming out of it.I don't know if it has something to do with venting the tank or was it just splashing up & coming out because it wasn't sealed good? Any suggestions? I see a lot of people running these things, so I figured they must not have any problems. The only reason I bought it was to keep from running the stock one into the steering head nut.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ForsheeMS

Posted January 28, 2010 - 02:39 PM

Typically they get clogged with dirt and/or fall off somewhere on the track. There's nothing wrong with running the vent line into the steering stem. Any gas that does spill out only gets on the front fender and maybe collect a little dust.

• WB450

Posted January 29, 2010 - 08:27 AM

My seal in the cap got stuck shut and gas went everywhere until I took it off and blew through it, works fine now.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.