Gas question????

5 replies to this topic
  • kamaral26

Posted January 27, 2010 - 11:25 PM

I have a stock 08 yz 450 and was wondering what the range was????? Ive never run out of fuel and add gas so often when i ride I can never tell...Im thinking about doing the virginia city grand prix and each lap is about 30 miles, dont wanna run out of fuel!

• 426 NOOB

Posted January 27, 2010 - 11:46 PM

I have a stock 08 yz 450 and was wondering what the range was????? Ive never run out of fuel and add gas so often when i ride I can never tell...Im thinking about doing the virginia city grand prix and each lap is about 30 miles, dont wanna run out of fuel!

It will vary depending on terrain and riding style but most people say they have gone 45-60 miles on a tank.

Read:
http://www.thumperta...ght=gas mileage

• davcon

Posted January 28, 2010 - 06:43 AM

Raced Sunday (Over 40 Novice) last year. Same bike as yours. 4 laps was 93 miles per my odometer. Pitted once. Topped it off at the pump after the race. Burned 1.3 gallons on the last two laps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 28, 2010 - 07:19 AM

Usually safe to figure 20-25 mpg.

• rdefonce

Posted January 28, 2010 - 10:00 AM

I also have '08, and rode a fairly long loop in Colorado (close to 50 miles.) Had plenty of fuel left, although this was at high altitude so it got better mileage because of that.
And I was just trail riding, not on-the-gas racing!

Is the stock tank 1.9 gal? I had about .75 gallon left.

• kamaral26

Posted January 28, 2010 - 11:07 PM

thanks guys!!! ill just have to pit every lap....should be a great time!!!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.