Rekluse Pro Install Help for 06 YZ450F

8 replies to this topic
  • jdaugherty33

Posted January 27, 2010 - 07:23 AM

I am installing a Rekluse Pro on my 2006 YZ450F. Page six of the Rekluse install instructions mention installing the "external tab lock washer AND flat wash washer" on the main shaft. I did not receive a flat washer nor was one listed in the included parts list. There was no flat washer as part of the stock setup either.

Has anyone run into this? I have a message into Rekluse support but haven't heard back. Just thought I'd check before throwing a generic washer in there.

• smithjeb

Posted January 27, 2010 - 08:11 AM

I have done multiple installs - why would you put a washer on a washer.

I have always used the locking washer with tabs. Torqd center nut down to spec then folded up tab.

No other washer.

• jdaugherty33

Posted January 27, 2010 - 10:17 AM

I heard back from Rekluse support that the picture and comment about the extra washer was related only to Honda. The directions usually do a good job of indicating which steps apply to which bikes but not in this case. Thanks.

• WRP2

Posted March 09, 2010 - 12:20 AM

Getting ready to install mine later this week on the same bike ('06 YZ450), any other problems that you ran into that I might should avoid?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdaugherty33

Posted March 10, 2010 - 03:48 AM

No other issues at all. It was a straight-forward install.

I realized after a few rides though that I needed to readjust the clutch cable to ensure there was enough play in the lever.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 10, 2010 - 11:39 AM

how did you like it?

• jdaugherty33

Posted March 10, 2010 - 03:55 PM

I love it. It's the single best upgrade I've done to a bike. I thought I'd only appreciate it for trail riding but it's great for the track too.

• motojase316

Posted March 11, 2010 - 02:41 AM

Just fitted rekluse core EXP to my 2010 yz450f, I am totally sold on it. my corner speed has increased and no stalling problems. 5 star product.

• WB450

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:01 AM

Installing one on my 07 this weekend, can't wait to ride it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.