hot tires and alcohol

5 replies to this topic
  • sunnymex

Posted May 13, 2003 - 05:31 AM

Has anybody ever heard about putting alcohol in tires to keep them cool? Somebody mentioned that ot me the other day and I thought that it was odd. Let me know if you hear anything.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 13, 2003 - 06:43 AM

At the end of a long day of riding you can sit back and suck on a tire. HaHa. I have never heard of that but I have heard that grease on heavy tubes helps with puncture resistance. I cant wait to see your Dakar WR450 set up. Please keep us posted of your progress. :)

• sunnymex

Posted May 13, 2003 - 07:07 AM

Indy,

Were working on that as we speak. Rest assured it will be an interesting endeavour. They have modified the class system in for next years Dakar. These 450's should fit in nicely with the modifications. It used to be up to 400 cc's but now they have extended the class to allow the 450's.

Wish us luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted May 13, 2003 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the update. We all wish you and BajaBob (??) the best in your class. Good Luck!!!! :)

• sunnymex

Posted May 13, 2003 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the support. I can guarantee you that once we begin work on these beasts that you will all hear from us. It is going to be a long process, hopefully with a positive ending. :)

• Talonboy

Posted May 13, 2003 - 01:46 PM

Do you mean filling the tubes with alcohol? Wouldn't that slow the bike down greatly, and make it handle funny?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.