What is best front tire for NorthEast mixed terrain?

2 replies to this topic
  • JerseyDirt

Posted May 13, 2003 - 04:55 AM

Trying to decide between Michelin M12 and MH2. Any others I should look at? The terrain I ride on varies from soft to hard and rocky, but mostly on the hard side.

Thanks,
JD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted May 13, 2003 - 07:03 AM

I run the S12s and pound them on long rock runs with nothing but rocks the size of soccer balls (with sharp edges) in kentucky. I run 18 lbs in the front and 15 lbs in the rear for those rides. S12s work very well at higher pressures and knobs hold up pretty well. M12's are a similar profile and knobs but I hear they are even tougher than the S12's in rocks. I have yet to run the M12's because the S12's grip well in mud and soft terrain when inflated to higher pressures. Best multi purpose tire I ever ran. Good mileage about 500 miles before the knobs round to the point of needing replacement :)

• SANMAN222

Posted May 13, 2003 - 07:02 PM

I'm running the m12 front/s12 rear and love it! The m12 sticks on rocks like glue, and holds great in the mud. I ride Ohio and Kentucky trails that are nasty nasty with rocks, roots, and more rocks. You can also trust a Dunlop 756 front and rear. The Dunlop is just as good, but you'll get more life from the Michilin. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.