price of jets and needle

4 replies to this topic
  • craig243

Posted May 12, 2003 - 10:20 PM

hey guys and gals
was just down the local bike shop looking at jets for my WR that i want to change to YZ spec's .I haven't brought jets before ...but they said they would be $20 per jet....too me this sounds abit rich??? what do you guys reckon ?? and is the pilot jet the same in both wr's and yz's ?? at the bike shop they reckon they are???
the yz needle was $61
this price is from western australia.

cheers craig

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 13, 2003 - 12:11 AM

Needle should be more like $13.00. Jets should be less too! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted May 13, 2003 - 02:24 AM

Craig
I just bought a couple of needles for my WZ.....paid about $25 for the two needles. Try http://www.sudco.com.....I bought both main and pilots for @$3.50/ea. They do not carry the air jets (PAJ & MAJ) or the starter jets...those are dealer only. My dealer (Vickery Motorsports)would actually swap my jets for me. Starter jets were expensive @$10 apiece. I'll deal with the one I have for that price.
Good luck,

• MOmilkman

Posted May 13, 2003 - 03:53 AM

hey guys and gals
was just down the local bike shop looking at jets for my WR that i want to change to YZ spec's .I haven't brought jets before ...but they said they would be $20 per jet....too me this sounds abit rich??? what do you guys reckon ?? and is the pilot jet the same in both wr's and yz's ?? at the bike shop they reckon they are???
the yz needle was $61
this price is from western australia.

cheers craig

Sounds like their gigging ya.
www.sudco.com

• gratefuldawg

Posted May 13, 2003 - 05:21 AM

The official "Yamaha" jets are much more expensive that the "after market" jets. Jets from Yamaha are between 10-12 bucks, aftermarkets are around 5. Just be careful with sudco, I just bought 3 main air jets from them the jets were 3-4 bucks a piece and shipping was 8. If you are going to the EKP needle, sudco can't help, only your Yamaha deal can get the EKP and it cost me 15 bucks. Hope it helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.