Cam swap

2 replies to this topic
  • ofrdrcr

Posted January 25, 2010 - 07:24 PM

I was thinking about putting some of hot cams stage 1 in my 09 yz450 and was wondering if the stock cams would work in my 05yfz450 quad? Would it make any difference? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2010 - 07:42 PM

They will fit your quad, yes, and they'll make it more powerful on top, but you may loose more bottom end than you'd like.

As I recall, the Stage I was similar to the '06 YZ450 grind and timing, and while they will likely give you more mid range, they may cut the top end power in your '09.

• mx369

Posted January 26, 2010 - 06:27 AM

I just finished my 09 450f. It now has the 06 cams, stater and ing box on it. Sounds and feels great on the stand. Was to cold to try and ride it last night. Wanted the 09 the run like my old 06 did.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.