2010 yz 450 Race report

4 replies to this topic
  • maj71

Posted January 25, 2010 - 01:48 PM

I have raced 4 H.S. on my 2010 and the first 3 I thought my arms were going to fall off, due to the massive low end hit. Way too much for off road. This past weekend I raced a MSXS in TN, and my bike was awsome this time. I put an FMF Q silencer, remapped the cumputer to

Fuel Injection (FI)
+4 +4 -3
+4 +4 -4
-3 -4 -4
Ignition (IG)
-3 -3 -3
-3 -3 -0
-3 -3 -3

And put on a Gytr flywheel that added 4.5 oz of weight. This made the bike smooth and controllable off bottom. This is the best bike I had by far now. cant wait tell the come out with an oversize tank. then it will perfect.

• grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2010 - 03:21 PM

Please use the template and post your map here:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=860507

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike546

Posted January 25, 2010 - 04:07 PM

I have raced 4 H.S. on my 2010 and the first 3 I thought my arms were going to fall off, due to the massive low end hit. Way too much for off road. This past weekend I raced a MSXS in TN, and my bike was awsome this time. I put an FMF Q silencer, remapped the cumputer to

Fuel Injection (FI)
+4 +4 -3
+4 +4 -4
-3 -4 -4
Ignition (IG)
-3 -3 -3
-3 -3 -0
-3 -3 -3

And put on a Gytr flywheel that added 4.5 oz of weight. This made the bike smooth and controllable off bottom. This is the best bike I had by far now. cant wait tell the come out with an oversize tank. then it will perfect.

How quiet is the Q? I've been thinking about getting one but I hate to spend the money if it's going to be close to the stock muffler. Did you make up the map or was it posted somewhere?

• maj71

Posted January 26, 2010 - 09:12 AM

The Q is alot quieter than stock, and is nice except for the cheap stickers on it. the map come out of a magazine that said it was good for H.S. racing.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted January 26, 2010 - 09:32 AM

do they make a bigger gastank for it yet?

all i do it offroad and i would love to get the new 450 maybe next year but im going to need a bigger tank.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.