2010 YZ450F PowerTuner

1 reply to this topic
  • skullcandy

Posted January 24, 2010 - 01:29 PM

I just received my power tuner yesterday, and as far as inputing the maps and uploading them into the ecu its fairly straight forward and easy. My question is how do I revert back to the stock map ifthe supplied maps dont appeal to me. Do I enter all 0s in all fields and then upload that into the ecu or does anyone know the stock map?

One more question kinda off topic

In most reviews it is determined the cockpit of the YZ is cramped feeling and small for bigger riders, so they recommend moving the handelbars to the farthest most position. Wouldnt this change the rake angle, thus messing with the turning characters making it more twitchy. I wanna move them but dont want to affect the handling characteristics. Im only 6'1 185 so I dont know if it would be beneficial.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike546

Posted January 24, 2010 - 01:35 PM

I just received my power tuner yesterday, and as far as inputing the maps and uploading them into the ecu its fairly straight forward and easy. My question is how do I revert back to the stock map ifthe supplied maps dont appeal to me. Do I enter all 0s in all fields and then upload that into the ecu or does anyone know the stock map?

One more question kinda off topic

In most reviews it is determined the cockpit of the YZ is cramped feeling and small for bigger riders, so they recommend moving the handelbars to the farthest most position. Wouldnt this change the rake angle, thus messing with the turning characters making it more twitchy. I wanna move them but dont want to affect the handling characteristics. Im only 6'1 185 so I dont know if it would be beneficial.

Just leave one of the maps all 0's, and load it back in. I'm 6'2 190, I moved the bars forward and it still turns fine. I'm going to change my bars to a KX High bend. I'm getting arm pump with the Yamaha bend that I never had with KX bend on other bikes

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.