EKP Needle?

No replies to this topic
  • Rick

Posted May 12, 2003 - 11:03 AM

What exactly is the advantage of the EKP needle? I have searched some for this info, but haven't yet found the answer. I have only ridden my 03 WR 450 a couple of times so before I mess with too much I really need some more seat time. Having said that I have noticed a little miss only at a constant speed around 1/8-1/4 throttle. I did have the YZ cam installed before I picked up the bike and the mech. did something with the jetting. I asked if he put in a larger pilot and he said that he did, but my fuel screw is out 4 turns! I guess that I will have to check with my own very eyes to see what jets I really have. Everything works well on top and my plug is nice and brown so I think that the main is probably fine. I also have to give it some gas when starting with the e button, is that normal? I just came off a 01 YZ 426, so touching the throttle feels like the un-pardonable sin. Thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.