Intellijet/Dial-a-jet?

10 replies to this topic
  • Dirty Sanchez

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

I never knew this product existed until I saw it in the latest Dirtbike mag.

Does this really work that well? Why don't more people use it? I loathe jetting my bike and would love having the qualities of FI on my 2 stroke.

Inform me please.

• mjvoket8

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

i have never seen or heard of this before.....why?

• maxbishop

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

Yrs. ago used to use these on snowmobiles,they worked alright.Surprised there still around,never thought about useing on dirtbike but jetting changes are much simpler on these.

• Dirty Sanchez

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

Dialing in your jetting on the fly via remote bar mount dial seems like a no-brainer to me. MXA gave it 5 stars and we know how picky those guys are. If nobody says anything bad, I'm buying one asap.

• KLX678

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

As I've said in your other post. I'm sold. I've got 12 years and 45,000 miles along with a number of modifications all covered by the Dial-A-Jet.

By the way, if you want more information the people at Thunder Products are great to talk to. I spent some time talking with them when I ordered one for a fellow KLX650 rider in Singapore.

It's a darn site easier to do the one installation than tearing down a carb several times for jetting changes.

• busted bones

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Dialing in your jetting on the fly via remote bar mount dial seems like a no-brainer to me. MXA gave it 5 stars and we know how picky those guys are. If nobody says anything bad, I'm buying one asap.

This was actually brought up in the CRF450R section and I was really interested in it but no one ever posted whether or not it was any good.

• sickpuppy

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Its very interesting, Ive just been on Thunder Products site doing some reading, Im also going to try to follow up on reviews, one thing for sure, its peaking my interest.

• downonmonday

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

Wow, I'm bookmarking this site. I don't have a problem with replacing jets, but this sounds like a great product? It's not insanely priced either.

• WALKINGWOUNDED

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Here's a link:

http://www.thunderpr...m/IntelaJet.htm

• William1

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Think about your carb. Is the fuel usage linear? Why do you think you have a pilot ciruct, a straight diameter part of the needle, a taper, and a length/clip position and a main jet. All these parts with different metering abilities. You honestly think a single device will work?
It has been around for years and never taken off, why do you think that is? Certainly not a conspiracy like the 500mpg carburetor......
Devices like this have a place. Engines that run only at WOT, I bet they are great. It is a lot like an adjustable wrench. Sure it can fit any bolt. But does it fit well and always do a good job? But for those that doubt me, buy one, but first make sure you can return it.

• sickpuppy

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

After reading more, it came down to, do I really need it, where I ride usually just requires switching from blue to red needle in the hot months.
The snowmobile guys liked the dial a jet but I had a hard time finding out where and what kind of changes of temp and elevations they were getting into.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.