brake hose guard?

9 replies to this topic
  • tech24

Posted January 22, 2010 - 12:16 PM

Has anyone seen part #17 (brake hose guard) for sale by any aftermarket companies. My bike is gonna be mostly black I'd hate to have to put the white one back on. I guess I could try paint but thats gonna look cheap.

The only ones I have found are the entire disc covers, probably all there is.

Posted Image

• cowboyona426

Posted January 22, 2010 - 12:25 PM

Just leave it off. And, do yourself a favor and pick up a CR style SS brake hose... way better braking control.

• grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2010 - 12:37 PM

Just leave it off. And, do yourself a favor and pick up a CR style SS brake hose... way better braking control.

That would be the neatest way to deal with the problem, and it will improve your brakes in the bargain. Then you can go to the '05+ style fork guards that don't run in guides on the upper fork tube. Not cheap, though.

I don't know that anyone ever made a hose cover in the aftermarket at all.

BUT: There's a DIY thread on making carbon fiber parts in Common Threads (near the bottom). Might be the ticket.

• tech24

Posted January 22, 2010 - 02:01 PM

Sounds like I might have to get creative. I am getting SS lines so Ill look into the cr deal. How is the routing for the CR style. Gonna go try to find some pics now.

• tech24

Posted January 22, 2010 - 02:04 PM

so the SS lines don't rout the same way or stick out? Just trying to picture this in my head. Bikes in pieces so I can't even viusalize the stock setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2010 - 02:45 PM

How is the routing for the CR style.

Same as the newer YZF's; down to the fork guard,then behind the fork to the caliper. Never goes around the bottom of the fork.

• cowboyona426

Posted January 22, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Same as the newer YZF's; down to the fork guard,then behind the fork to the caliper. Never goes around the bottom of the fork.

What he said... prior to... I think 05 Honda had a patent on this brake hose routing so the other Japanese OEM's couldn't use it. When the patent ran out, they all started going with the shorter hose.

• tech24

Posted January 22, 2010 - 05:59 PM

im liking this idea, do I need any hardware or just the brake line?

• JJRace

Posted January 22, 2010 - 06:47 PM

http://www.ride-engi...&pn=BL-00012-CL

• tech24

Posted January 23, 2010 - 03:13 PM

thanks for the link, looks like thats the way I'll go

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.