Drowning

3 replies to this topic
  • tjl1

Posted January 21, 2010 - 05:27 PM

I've got an '07 WR450 and have had it 'drown' on me the last few times on water crossings. Tried keeping the revs up but always revs down and dies at the worst possible times. Water isn't very deep, only around or below peg level. Thought it was bad electrical connections and tried to recreate the situation at home while washing but can't get it to do it.

Help!!!

• jokerflingo

Posted January 21, 2010 - 06:15 PM

I've got an '07 WR450 and have had it 'drown' on me the last few times on water crossings. Tried keeping the revs up but always revs down and dies at the worst possible times. Water isn't very deep, only around or below peg level. Thought it was bad electrical connections and tried to recreate the situation at home while washing but can't get it to do it.

Help!!!

Crankcase vent tube or something similar?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted January 21, 2010 - 07:05 PM

tjl1,
You create a vacuum in the carb vent lines when you submerge all of them in water. See this link for a description of your symptoms and the solution http://www.thumperta...water crossings

• tjl1

Posted January 22, 2010 - 07:03 AM

BajaFool

Thanks for link. It makes sense now and I'll cancel my scuba gear order.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.