2006 WR450.. is something missing?

6 replies to this topic
  • HunterGSXR

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:04 PM

I apologize if this is a noob question :banghead: but I just picked this bike up a few days ago.. first dirt bike in 15+ years and I noticed that it looks to be missing a bolt on the right side here, as circled in the picture. What's that for?

Posted Image

Edited by HunterGSXR, January 21, 2010 - 03:06 PM.
added photo

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:11 PM

That is the drain for the spark plug well, which allows oil from a leaking cam cover gasket, or water from wherever, to drain away from the spark plug, rather than collecting there and then draining into the cylinder when the plug is removed.

• jayh300

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:11 PM

it is a drain for the area where the spark plug goes in.... supposed to be like you see it..

neat bikes.. congrats and welcome...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:12 PM

That is the drain for the spark plug well, which allows oil from a leaking cam cover gasket, or water from wherever, to drain away from the spark plug, rather than collecting there and then draining into the cylinder when the plug is removed.

man i got to get quicker on the draw......nothing new to me...

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:12 PM

Wow, a tie! :banghead:

• jayh300

Posted January 21, 2010 - 03:14 PM

Wow, a tie! :banghead:

and ties seem to go to the runner.... or moderator in this case.... all in fun sir

• HunterGSXR

Posted January 21, 2010 - 04:09 PM

Awesome.. thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm sure I'll have some more noob WR questions once I get some seat time on it.

Can't wait to take this sucker out. Still need to find a spare rear wheel so I can keep a paddle on one of em.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.