stator kit for yz450f'10. Please help!!

12 replies to this topic
  • Zhenia

Posted January 21, 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hello everyone I want to buy new yzf and I want to get lights for it.
I've looked everywhere but I couldn't find a stator rewinding kit for new yz.
Is there anyway I could make the lights work on new yz? I am concerned that it wouldn't be easy because new yz has got EFI. May be somebody could help me? will 08 stator kit fit? may be there is a new stator kit coming out which I am not aware about? anyway please help, any help will be appreciated

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2010 - 02:02 PM

will 08 stator kit fit?

That part, I can answer: No.

I'm afraid you'll need to wait, or find someone who can analyze the system and determine how to pull off some of the energy from the system without affecting the operation of the EFI. The only thing I know for sure is that the AC output from the '10 is far higher than in earlier YZF's.

• swatdoc

Posted January 21, 2010 - 11:35 PM

Grey - I could swear I read somewhere that the output on the 2010 stock stator was 140 watts. Be VERY interesting to find out how much of that is needed by the EFI system. One thing is for sure though - the new stator has a hell of a lot more poles, like 8 or 10 - something like that, compared to the 4 poles on the 06 thru 09 stators. That should make it MUCH easier for someone to rewind for an optional light output.

• Zhenia

Posted January 22, 2010 - 03:53 AM

Thank you for your answers..
that's what I found
"14 volt / 110W high output generator powers the battery less fuel injection system."
I am really confused now...

• grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2010 - 07:53 AM

Grey - I could swear I read somewhere that the output on the 2010 stock stator was 140 watts. Be VERY interesting to find out how much of that is needed by the EFI system. One thing is for sure though - the new stator has a hell of a lot more poles, like 8 or 10 - something like that, compared to the 4 poles on the 06 thru 09 stators. That should make it MUCH easier for someone to rewind for an optional light output.

I heard that regarding the output, too, but I have no idea what the system requirements are. Looking at the manual, it's wound as one big circuit. I think the fuel pump is obviously going to be the biggest draw, and the big output numbers are likely to be aimed at providing adequate current to the pump at cranking speeds to get things going. Probably, as long as whatever was run off of it does not interfere with that, you'd be OK, and I speculate that an isolated DC circuit (no chassis grounds) Teed off a higher out put version would be OK, though it might need a switch so the lights can be turned off during starting, or a battery.

• Zhenia

Posted January 22, 2010 - 09:21 AM

I got my answer from baja designs. May be it could run a simple headlight just by it self.

"We have yet to get a 2010 YZ450F in shop to see what the bike can do or can not do. The other EFI bikes all can handle running a single HID, a dual sport kit and a enduro light kit. I would check back with us in a month or visit our website we do update the home page for new products for bikes and vehicle applications."

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zhenia

Posted March 08, 2010 - 05:26 AM

Any updates yet?

• roosttyres

Posted April 19, 2011 - 02:36 AM

hey mate, how did you proceed with the lighting kit? I wont to run a 30 & 35W HID from mine.

• brentn

Posted April 19, 2011 - 05:22 AM

Running LED lights is not a problem, there are a couple guys from australia with LED headlights and no issues.

I'm running a rear light that's constantly on (No switch) and my trail tech with no startup issues at all.
The general consensus is that if you turn your devices off until the bike starts then it should be ok.
The system does have 140 watts of juice, says so right on the yamaha american website.

IMO there really is no need to run a seperate stator and the stock one is more than adequate enough. I think the draw of the stock EFI system may be over rated.

• grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2011 - 06:36 AM

I think the draw of the stock EFI system may be over rated.

To point this out yet again, the stator capacity is as great as it so that it can produce enough current at cranking speeds to drive the fuel pump. Once running, it could be much smaller than it is, and has a considerable amount of excess capacity.

• MalagutiMan

Posted April 19, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Check out www.proracing.co.uk as they have kits available for 10-11 YZF as my mate has a kit on his. It comes with all the right parts and a special box. It is a direct plug and play kit.
My KXF450 2011 is still working great.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Matt Tiede

Posted April 21, 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hello everyone I want to buy new yzf and I want to get lights for it.
I've looked everywhere but I couldn't find a stator rewinding kit for new yz.
Is there anyway I could make the lights work on new yz? I am concerned that it wouldn't be easy because new yz has got EFI. May be somebody could help me? will 08 stator kit fit? may be there is a new stator kit coming out which I am not aware about? anyway please help, any help will be appreciated

Call up Ricky Stator and see if they are able to help you out
http://www.rickystat...ntact_us01.html

• cowboyona426

Posted June 30, 2011 - 10:39 AM

Bumping this one up. I'm really getting keen on the idea of having a bike that I'm able to dual sport, and so far my options are trade my 06 for a KTM (blech) or sell the 06 and pick up a 10+ YZ and add all the necessary parts for dual sport use.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.