Another question re: Airbox on Canadian WR 450

1 reply to this topic
  • Fast Freddie

Posted May 11, 2003 - 06:14 PM

I have done some reading on the subject and, I have looked at my airbox and there is no way that I can see to increase airflow and leave the battery tray in tact on a Canadian WR 450.

Has anyone that has a Canadian WR 450 done an airbox mod? Any pics or insturctions? I am stumped on how to modify this.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ColoradoTim

Posted May 13, 2003 - 10:51 AM

Hello,
I have one. I asked the question a few days ago and was told to pry it off as it's plastic welded in place. It is not. It's one piece on the Canadian bike and even if it did come off, there may be 3% more airflow by doing it. It is not the same effect as the 2002, etc. as those years, the whole top could come off. This one does too but what do you do with the battery?
Tim :)

P.S. Just found a picture of the USA airbox restricter. Nothing like that on Canadian bikes (or throttle stop)
http://www.motorcycl...?News=1&ID=4189

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.