WR 450 Seat

4 replies to this topic
  • Fast Freddie

Posted May 11, 2003 - 06:10 PM

Anyone have a cure for the hard seat on the WR 450?

Anything aftermarket that is recommended to soften the blow? :)

• crashtestdummy

Posted May 11, 2003 - 06:27 PM

Time :).
I know a lot of blokes who went to the 2003 ktm and they all had the same problem. The reason for the hard seat (apparently), is to keep you off it.
A mate of mine had this problem with his 2003ktm 525, but now 6 months later, nice seat.
There are many suggestions such as beating the seat with a baseball bat, removing the seat cover and foam or drilling holes under the foam.
It seems to be like the old days when we rode our pushies as kids, when we wern't used to it we got bottom chafe.
Again time seems to be the cure :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWSimpson

Posted May 12, 2003 - 12:19 AM

There has been some discussion where some have added a jell to thier seat cushion. I haven't tried anything, still running stock. Hasn't bothered me yet, (callases I guess).
:)

• HighPlainsWR

Posted May 12, 2003 - 04:58 PM

Guts Racing www.gutsracing.com makes a tall/soft foam insert for the WR450. The only downside is that the stock seat cover does not have enough slack around the sides to fit with the tall/soft foam. To save the day Guts also makes a variety of covers to fit the tall/soft insert. I did my WR450 tall/soft and love it ! They also make a soft insert to fit the stock seat cover, but of course, not as tall.

• sunnymex

Posted May 14, 2003 - 07:32 PM

Don't know how to fix the seat, but had the same problem with a KX. The solution to my problem was a EVS padded riding shorts. They have a great padded area. You won't ride without them again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.