I need to ask ........ Which grey wire?

3 replies to this topic
  • crashtestdummy

Posted May 11, 2003 - 06:01 PM

:D I know that this subject has probably been brought up hundreds of times before, but i looked for past threads and cant seem to find them :) :D :D :D
Could one of you please be so kind as to tell me again which wire to cut :D

• Chaindrive

Posted May 13, 2003 - 12:36 AM

:) Unless your's happens to be a U.S. model, I don't believe you have the evil grey wire, so DO NOT cut anything until you confirm or refute this!!!! :D Even if you DO have the bugger, simply unplug it from the connector rather than cut. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ColoradoTim

Posted May 13, 2003 - 06:11 PM

Hello,

I just did it. It's under the tank in a six pack connector. It's the only gray one. Unplug the connector (it's a pain)and use a tiny screw driver on the individual wire connector stop to push the gray wire out. Tape it up and then feel the power. The wire retards the ignition at low RPM (for less power and more traction? So we don't scare ourselves? Less noise so hikers don't wet themselves when we ride past them?)
Just do it. You'll feel better, though your vision may blur from the added acceleration.
Tim

• Chaindrive

Posted May 14, 2003 - 02:11 AM

Hey Tim, his location is in Australia and I am almost positive that only U.S. model WR's got hosed with THE grey wire. He needs to contact yamaha.dude or blue-beast wins or another Australian TT member before he starts disconnecting or cutting wires. I really don't think he has one. Just trying to help... Let me know if I am wrong... Anybody? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.