WR 450 fuel tank vent valve

2 replies to this topic
  • TFouty

Posted May 11, 2003 - 04:53 PM

On my first few rides I noticed my fuel tank vent hose kept coming out of the neck and spewing fuel all over the tank. The valve arrow points toward the tank. I switched the hose end for end and the arrow now points away from the tank. Anyone had this problem or forsee any difficulties I might encounter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 12, 2003 - 07:29 AM

I removed my vent valve completely and I have no problem.

• foursmoke

Posted May 12, 2003 - 05:35 PM

Hey TFouty! If you want to keep a valve on your vent hose, I got a brass swivel valve from Moose ($6) and a new blue vent hose ($2). It looks very trick :) with no leaking and your hose won't twist when you remove you gas cap :D.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.