'02 YZ426 jetting problem

1 reply to this topic

Posted January 20, 2010 - 05:55 PM

At Sea level, I installed a full exhaust system on my bike recently, a FMF Powerbomb and a FMF Q2. As well as a Dynojet kit, when I was playing with the fuel mixture I leaned it out quite a bit, but I still had a really bad bog.
I was told Accelerator pump timing needed to be adjusted, then I was also told to just leave the stock jetting and turn out the fuel screw and ill be fine. I've toyed with this carb quite a bit. Normally I can figure this kind of problem out pretty quick, but this carb has gotten the best of me.
I have hot cams and uni air filter if that helps at all. The people at dynojet arent too helpful in my situation.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 20, 2010 - 07:47 PM

First, be sure you have realistic expectations. You can't really have a 426 that runs cleanly and right that will stand an instantaneous full throttle snap from idle no matter what. But if you are rolling the throttle in a realistic manner, and the bike still stumbles, first get the jetting right. Have a look here for ideas:

Once that's done, try this:

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.