64 posts

Posted January 26, 2010 - 06:01 PM

chek out works connection skid plate. Paco

• Moscow Roost

TT Bronze Member

118 posts

Posted January 26, 2010 - 06:51 PM

check out works connection skid plate. Paco

Couldn't agree more. WC Skid Plate Mine will be here later this week.

Edited by Moscow Roost, February 01, 2010 - 04:48 PM.

• slygary

TT Member

76 posts

Posted January 29, 2010 - 01:58 AM

I have done over 1000 klms with that light speed plate and disc guard in the Aussie forests and bush and is holding up realy good. Dont get stone markes on them as you would with the alloy ones. The GYTR skid plate looks like someone drilled holes in it all willy nilly aahhhh that will do. I get most of my bike stuff from BTO Sports cause they ship to Australia.

• WR_Dave

TT Silver Member

932 posts

Posted January 30, 2010 - 05:58 AM

There is a good discussion with pics on this thread http://www.thumperta...ight=skid plate I think the plastic Acerbis plate and the lightspeed would be great if you are mostly in mud/sand and roots, but where we ride there is alot of jagged rock and the aluminum plates offer better tear through protection. WR Dave

• Moscow Roost

TT Bronze Member

118 posts

Posted February 27, 2010 - 09:46 AM

Got my Works Connection skid plate and rode with it last weekend. It is the best skid plate I have owned, and can't imagine a better product. Unlike all other aluminum guards, this one doesn't resonate the sound from the engine at all. It is super beefy and protects all of the main engine components very well, and in a low profile way. A+++

• eu001939

TT Member

35 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 01:21 AM

Check out the french company AXP.

http://www.axp-racin...?cid=15&vid=626

They make skid plates in polyethelene. Has the advantage of being lighter, doesn't rattle or vibrate, and when hit by a stone it doesn't dent.

Not to mention it looks good on the bike.

Have no experience with it, but several french WEC riders use it, so it must be strong stuff.

Not cheap...

• comtnrider

TT Bronze Member

147 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 08:20 AM

Another vote for the Ricochet Offroad. I've used it for 2 years and has held up great. By the way, we have a lot of rocks in SW Colorado

• kingjewells

TT Member

50 posts

Posted March 01, 2010 - 08:48 AM

+3 on the Ricochet Offroad Skid Plate. Had a GYTR and sold it on ebay because I didn't like the coverage. Used the money to buy the ricochet and have been crushing rocks ever since.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

TT Titanium Member

2,664 posts

Posted March 01, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Anyone that rides Baja will know why this is the best one IMHO

http://flatlandracin...duct_Code=24-40

Posted Image

• PacoPaez

TT Bronze Member

160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 15, 2016 - 02:35 PM

well its being 6 year's, its time for a new and lighter Skid plate. No carbon for me, it served me well, as you can see in the picture, now I would like something lighter as my riding style has changed Im not going to be doing hard ways anymore, any sugestiond W C has some lighter plates what you suggest?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1473978483808755203824.jpg

• PacoPaez

TT Bronze Member

160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 15, 2016 - 02:46 PM

well its being 6 year's, its time for a new and lighter Skid plate. No carbon for me, as you can see in pic it served me well I no longer enjoy challenging my self getting old, never the less I love trail riding at 67 any sugestions will be appreciated thanks. Paco

Attached Thumbnails

• 1473979235185-485041294.jpg

• PacoPaez

TT Bronze Member

160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 15, 2016 - 02:52 PM

Sorry lost first post and now there it is it can be deleated

• SilvFx

TT Gold Member

1,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 17, 2016 - 09:15 PM

well its being 6 year's, its time for a new and lighter Skid plate. No carbon for me, as you can see in pic it served me well I no longer enjoy challenging my self getting old, never the less I love trail riding at 67 any sugestions will be appreciated thanks. Paco

Paco...i have been impressed with the toughness of the TM Designworks rear disk guard.  I will probably look at replacing my current GYTR alum skid with a TMD one when its time.  I see the make a full coverage skid.

https://www.rockymou...id-Plate?v=6868

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.