Whibley to race WR450F in GNCC

4 replies to this topic
  • YamaLink

Posted January 19, 2010 - 02:32 PM

The champ has been hired to pilot big blue in the highly competitive GNCC XC1 class. Granted their WR's are a tad different than ours, but it's always fun to watch and listen to the Yamahas being chased or chasing the lighter (in the production form) bikes.

I bet they get a lot of support and contingency to pilot the WRF in the off-road series...

• Bandit9

Posted January 19, 2010 - 06:35 PM

He said in an interview that they will "start the year on WR's, then switch to the YZ once they get the new bike figured out".

So I don't consider that a real positive endorsement of our beloved WR450F. But hey, at least he is on a Yamaha and might win a few races on it before they ditch it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted January 19, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Here is the Whibs interview:

• YamaLink

Posted January 20, 2010 - 08:50 AM

That's kinda like saying "I'll date you NOW, but when your hot sister comes home from vacation, well, what's her cell phone number?"

It is understandable considering how competitive the XC1 class is.

• Bandit9

Posted January 20, 2010 - 01:21 PM

Maybe they will leave on the headlight shell and let us pretend it's a WR....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.