Stupid Black Clutch Covers!

27 replies to this topic
  • bendover932

Posted January 30, 2010 - 01:06 PM

it will still come off....takes a little longer but mud/sand/dirt being rubbed with pressure from your boot is going to take it off just like the stock..been there done that ...thats why i just blast the paint off the clutch and stator covers and go with the bare look to match the cases....

• mxpimp18

Posted January 31, 2010 - 08:18 AM

bead blast it and leave it natural color.

That's what I've always done. Just touch up with an SOS pad and looks great.

• Brawg

Posted February 12, 2010 - 10:26 PM

Man, In MHO cases tell the tell of how much you ride. If you wanta look like a beginner at every rider meeting, then have fresh looking cases. If you want to look like a ragged vet that can spank the pants off the local talent NO MATTER WHAT, let them show their wear! Keep the rest of the bike clean and tip top, but let those Alpinestars rub that case raw!

• crf450rider64

Posted February 13, 2010 - 05:43 AM

I agree with Brawg...... (except I wear SIDI) Funny, I just posted on another thread how tired all my cosmetic stuff looks after about a yr........ I could spend a little cash on some platics/covers etc I guess, but it seems I always need tires, gas, entry fees, ..... If all is right in the universe all they see is my slightly crooked rear fender. lol :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Danielson

Posted February 14, 2010 - 12:59 AM

I have the GYTR clutch cover and it makes the whole bike. Holds up well and increases oil capasity. But I am a quad rider crossover so what do I know??

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2010 - 10:02 AM

... the GYTR clutch cover ... increases oil capasity.

Not true. Since the oil in the YZF is not stored in the crankcases, you could double the volume of the sump without having any effect on the oil capacity.

The primary virtue of that cover is increased resistance to being broken in a crash.

• Brawg

Posted February 16, 2010 - 03:52 PM

I guess i'm a bit biased being a "woods" guy. You motocrossers out there are lucky that roots, trees, rocks, briars, thorns, ice, boulders, etc dont have anything personal against your shiny anodized parts. I always want to take moto crossers riding so they can overheat their bikes and scratch the plastic. I love how all the pretty makes the machines look sexy, but "bang for the buck" doesnt play well in the rocks

• Brawg

Posted February 16, 2010 - 03:55 PM

All that said, i'm amidst a complete frame off powdercoat project on the Four Fifty! I'll be sure to post the results so you all can laugh at me! It seems powdercoating things or customizing anything really brings the lovers and haters out of the wood works. I actually bead blasted a bunch of stuff today so it will look shiny when i assemble it...all the chasis bearings seals should be in this weekend so i can start back together with my racing partner(yz).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.