water pump tube protection?

1 reply to this topic
  • nhalbrecht

Posted January 18, 2010 - 08:57 PM

hey there,
does anyone have a solution to protect the metal tube that come out from the top of the water pump impeller? i am worried about a rock being shot at me while riding (California desert). My skid plate covers the water pump body but not this tube that comes out... so my questions are can i wrap something around it? like some silicon hosing? or heat wrapping or ????... any suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks guys! im guessing you can't replace it with silicone units, but not sure...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drucer

Posted January 19, 2010 - 05:24 AM

Just wrap it with a peice of hose os some sort..If you wont to be cheap get some garden hose, paint it black and chuck it on.Otherwise just buy a hose big enough to go over it then leave the rest of the hoses normal.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.