odd clutch

4 replies to this topic
  • StPeters21

Posted January 18, 2010 - 06:08 PM

I have replaced everything but the pushrod and actuator arm. My clutch doesnt seem to engage. I have to pull it all the way to the bar for to even semi work. It fades a ton during riding and I'm now lost for areas to look. Can the actuator arm go bad? :ride:

Any suggestions.

I've replaced inner & outer basket, clutch boss, all fibers, steels, springs, and bolts. All with OEM parts.

:banghead::banghead::bonk::banghead:

• tek_01

Posted January 18, 2010 - 07:48 PM

stretched clutch cable?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tunefx

Posted January 19, 2010 - 05:48 AM

This is a longshot but is there any chance you left out or lost the single ball bearing that goes between the long pushrod and the short push rod (that pushes against the flat bearing - throw out bearing)?

Fiber/steel plate number and order correct?

Did you switch to a different type of oil recently?

Just some quick thoughts.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 19, 2010 - 06:23 AM

I have replaced everything but the pushrod and actuator arm. My clutch doesnt seem to engage. I have to pull it all the way to the bar for to even semi work. It fades a ton during riding and I'm now lost for areas to look. Can the actuator arm go bad? :ride:

Any suggestions.

I've replaced inner & outer basket, clutch boss, all fibers, steels, springs, and bolts. All with OEM parts.

:banghead::banghead::bonk::banghead:

did you replace the pressure plate?

• dcmoto97

Posted January 19, 2010 - 09:45 AM

did you leave the spacer washer out when you pulled your inner hub and basket. sometimes it sticks to the old assy.if it is not there the pushrod does not have enough travel to disengage the clutch.look at a parts diagragm and you can see the assy.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.