Leo Vince Slip-on

11 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted January 18, 2010 - 11:02 AM

I decided a year ago to gut my stock wr pipe and in return push up the db reading. After I done that the bike ran much better, sounded good too... "note the sounded"

Now its just too damn loud. Cops pop in every now and then if i just warm up the bike with the choke.

I run an online store and can get the 03-05 YZ450 slipon very cheap.

Is it worthit or should i just look at another stock slipon for my WR?

Also im assuming the steel frame bikes have interchangable slip-ons?
Posted Image

• g-powerr

Posted January 18, 2010 - 11:17 AM

Did you try to repack your Leo Vince with quality packing material? I have the same exhaust on my WR and it sounded even too quiet for me, so I had to drill some holes in the baffle and it still sounds quiet compared to other brands...

• stev0

Posted January 18, 2010 - 11:36 AM

I dont have the Leo Vince, Im interesting in purchasing one.

im comparing a supe loud stock gutted pipe to the Lv. Im looking for something free flowing with a much lower DB reading.

• unclemd

Posted January 18, 2010 - 11:43 AM

I purchased a LEXX MXe for my 07 WR450F and with the quite insert installed it isn't overly loud but you can also remove it and just use 48mm tip for times you need the extra flow. You can also purchase a 34mm and 40mm tip to tune the exhaust to where you like it. Purchased mine on ebay for like $175 but you can also get the exhaust from Rocky Mountain ATV for $180. Hope this helps.

• usp4u

Posted January 19, 2010 - 11:23 AM

I just got a LV slip-on for my 08 YZ. Havent gotten to ride with it yet. Just sitting in the garage it's no louder than any pipes out there and it came with a quiet core, although I havent put it in yet. Build quality seems excellant with high-end brackets and hardware used throughout, fit was perfect.

• stev0

Posted January 19, 2010 - 09:12 PM

seems great! I got given a Promoto Billiet Insert yesterday to review. Hopefully it turns the volume down...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • k.g

Posted January 20, 2010 - 07:29 AM

I would definitely find a pipe thats at least 12" longer than that.

• stev0

Posted January 20, 2010 - 08:14 AM

ugh,

My bike feels SO DEAD now. Maybe its all in my mind?

If you have loud pipe, i can highly recommend the pmb insert. Takes the noise WAY down. Noise is on par with a stock DR650.

• jaymo

Posted January 20, 2010 - 11:11 AM

Try a stock YZ pipe. You can usually find them cheap and the sound level isn't to loud.

• stev0

Posted January 20, 2010 - 11:17 AM

a mate has the titanium stock pipe and that thing is loud.

I cant seem to judge if my power is really down or if the noise just makes it sound like i have more power?!

• jaymo

Posted January 20, 2010 - 11:33 AM

a mate has the titanium stock pipe and that thing is loud.

I cant seem to judge if my power is really down or if the noise just makes it sound like i have more power?!

I run an 08 yz pipe on my 07 wr. All sound checks I've done were 96db or less.

• unclemd

Posted January 20, 2010 - 12:22 PM

If your not sure if you actually lost power or if its in your head you lost the power because it doesn't sound as loud. I would say its in your head then because any real loss of power would be really noticeable when driving. Just my opinion.:banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.