Seal leaking???

2 replies to this topic
  • gregory25

Posted January 18, 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hello fello thumpers, Just recently when i start my 08 yz 450 i get coolent leaking out of the weep hole at the bottom of the water pump,i think it is telling me the seal behind the impeller is bad. What do you guys think? I have no coolent in my oil.
Thanks guys.:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cbrewer450

Posted January 18, 2010 - 09:33 AM

That would be a good indication your pump seals are going south.. If you pull it apart, check the impeller shaft, bearings, and seals. If the shaft has grooves, it will continue to leak even with new seals. I replaced all on my 03 and solved everything in one shot. It's worth it.

• gregory25

Posted January 19, 2010 - 05:09 PM

THANKS bro.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.