K&N air filter anyone???

6 replies to this topic
  • bhulty20

Posted January 17, 2010 - 02:43 PM

Anyone using the k&n air filter on their bikes? anyone heard anything about them or have any opinions? Are they any good? i need to buy a new air filter so just looking for advice! Thanks!!

• kg-fabricating

Posted January 17, 2010 - 05:28 PM

do any search about k&n filter - you will find that there is a ton of info - all bad

they are no good - let all kinds of fine dirt into your motor - look at one you can see through it !!

I had one on an xr for one ride - then threw it away after i saw the inside of air boot to carb
all sparkley with fine dust particles - they may flow more air - but at a price !!

• BajaFool

Posted January 17, 2010 - 07:39 PM

I second kg-fabricating's observation. K&N filters are fine if you regularly rebuild your engine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baja trail Rider

Posted January 17, 2010 - 08:45 PM

They may work on the street(if there is no dust)K+N worthless

• madroberts07

Posted January 18, 2010 - 12:26 PM

The K&N is junk get a twinair powerflo filter or a notoil with the high flo filter cage. :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted January 18, 2010 - 12:57 PM

K&N's work OK, IF....:

http://www.thumperta...541#post4782541

• byggd

Posted January 18, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Do yourself a favor and stick with a quality product like twin air. Even Moose racing makes a better quality product than K&N........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.