i took it up to hollister today, and have to say that i am VERY disappointed in the suspension. i've not been on a dirtbike for almost 20 years, but even so the front shocks on this bike feel like there are no spings in them at all, and there is just solid steel up there. as such my questions are as follows:
1. it seems like several folks here have had problems with bottoming out with stock set up. is this fairly common (i'm 6'1 / over 200 pounds) and can i tweak stock setup to soften it up?
2. if answer is no to q1, where in NorCal can i get the springs redone in a semi timely manner?
3. if i'm doing the front springs/shocks, should i do the rear at the same time?
4. any suggestion on brands, dealers, shops, etc?
5. if i decide to go the yzf route, same questions. Where do i buy them, how much should it cost, etc. .
i'm never going to race the bike
i ride mostly on trails and single track, so i'm looking for a softer ride vs. having a suspension for motocrossing
i don't mind spending money for quality
any/all feedback appreciated
Edited by drick, January 17, 2010 - 08:20 AM.