Rebuilding wr400. Couple of q's.

1 reply to this topic
  • drucer

Posted January 16, 2010 - 06:01 AM

Hey guys

Just about to go right over my wr400 00 model.The bike is stock except exhuast and freemods, barkbuster etc

Just wondering if a 426 head goes onto the 400 block??

ALso i know you can change a 426 into 450 ergos with new tank, subframe etc but can you do it with the wr400 as well.I was thinking yes as i was pretty sure the frames are the same but just double checking.

If anyone has any good mods that arnt to dare also post them up>i was thinking apgrade of rotor size.High compression piston, auto deco cams. etc.
All in all i am going over the bike to get more power, neaten it up and imporve performace

thanks guys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted January 16, 2010 - 12:53 PM

Here are some mods I did to my 426 that were absolutely fantastic.

IMS Ty-Davis fuel cell (you can get them from zipty racing)
This will require that you go to a YZ seat. Guts racing soft seat is the one I have and is tough to beat in terms of comfort. This will also require that you buy a bar mounted DRD hot start cause you won't be able to access the red button with the new tank.

YZ-timing... you can find a lot of info here.

FMF Q exhaust

As for carburation, I did the air cut valve mod, o-ring mod, adjust the squirt from the fuel pump. There is a lot of info on jetting these bikes in this forum.

Enduro engineering hand guards, Devol rad guards and skid plate, Renthal bars

Plan to do soon:
Sidewinder chain/sprocket
TM Design chain guide
Sunline levers
Galfer brakes

I ride kenda trackmaster II tires front and rear and they seem to be incredibly cheap, incredibly efficient and quite durable all at once...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.