Recluce cluch?

22 replies to this topic
  • r2millers

Posted January 21, 2010 - 09:25 AM

My son loves his on his 05 YZ450f. We have ridden the 12 hours at Glen Helen the last two years and it held up great. I still have to use the clutch as having old habits and hard to change. The other thing is it really helps GP starts when you have to hold your clutch hand to your helmet before starting. With this, you just grab and go, ahead of the pack.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2010 - 09:40 AM

Logically, the Rekluse shouldn't be much harder on a clutch than just manually feathering is. Provided it's set up correctly, it would not slip the clutch unless it was required, and then, only what is actually required. If you're one of those people who use the Rekluse to avoid the insult of having to downshift once in awhile, and run second or third gear in places where you wouldn't think of doing so with a manual clutch, then yes, you'll toast the clutch sooner, but otherwise, it shouldn't be any harder on the plates than the clutch work I do in some of the rocky canyons I end up in.

• rexbond007

Posted January 21, 2010 - 04:08 PM

My take is, I think recluses increase the life of a clutch if ridden properly, what would kill it is 3rd gear starts, being in wrong gear,etc. I use to feather my manual clutch way to much. I also find my oil looking a little healthier on a 7-8 hr oil change.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.