YZ/WR accel.pump reservoir Factory R&D

3 replies to this topic
  • qtrmiler

Posted October 22, 2000 - 04:06 PM

http://www.mxsouth.com/perp38lit.htm Has anyone tried the Factory R&D pump extension kit? If that's what it supposed to be. Just curious I would like someone's opinion before I purchase. Thanks.

• Boit

Posted October 22, 2000 - 05:57 PM

Yes, I installed one on my '00 426 and am very pleased with the result. Gone is that annoying hesitation when the throttle is wicked open suddenly. I haven't experienced a hiccup, spit, or stalling problem since installing the P38. Would I do it again? You better believe it! I find the P38 delivers everything R&D claims it does.The only other change I made was a drop in main jets from a #162 to a #160. All I can say now is that carburetion is absolutely perfect.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 10-22-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted October 23, 2000 - 08:34 AM

Qtrmiler,

Check topic entitled “James Dean – Accelerator Pump” (started by me) on the WR side of thumpertalk, James Dean gives agood description of what this part actually does and how it differs from stock.

You will have to set your browser to “Show topics from last 20 days” (default is ten). It will be towards the bottom.

BTW it is not a pump extension. The P-38 is a pump housing that replaces the stock part (round cover on bottom of fuel bowl).

It does seem like most people who have tried it liked it as much as Boit.

• smrmx

Posted October 23, 2000 - 12:32 PM

i will let you know about it when I get mine I called and ordered it but they are closed for a week so I hope they shipped it before they closed for the week.....

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.