Oil Ring Order

3 replies to this topic
  • cbesing

Posted January 13, 2010 - 06:39 PM

I want to make sure that the order of the rings is that the corrugated ring is between the two scrubber rings. i saw one post from the moderator that said the both scrubber rings go above the corrugated ring.

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted January 13, 2010 - 07:14 PM

If you saw that post here, please link to it so I can correct it.

The oil ring must be assembled expander first, with the scraper rings at the top and bottom of the groove. The ends of the expander must be butted, NOT overlapped, and the expander ends located away fro the ends of either scraper (which must likewise be located away from each other). The manual shows the correct placement of the ring gaps.

Frankly, I doubt that both scrapers would actually fit on one side of the expander.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cbesing

Posted January 14, 2010 - 06:38 AM

Here is the thread that caused the confusion. Thanks for your help!

http://www.thumperta...light=oil rings

• grayracer513

Posted January 14, 2010 - 06:54 AM

Sort of a strange way to read it, but I added some for clarity nevertheless. Looking at section two of the manual would have cleared that up for you, as it shows the ring cross sections in the General Specifications section.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.