getting ready to sell my bike

I have an 07 yz450 that im starting the process of selling. I would like to find some stock plastic/graphics but having a hard time finding the original type. Im going to put new grips and tires on as well. If i spend a couple hundred bucks to clean it up Im thinking it will pay off. any recommendations?

Appearance is important so you will get most of your money back on the investment. Good maintenance records are helpful and of course a strong running bike.

Acerbis sells plastics at a reasonable price. You can get a set thru any online retailer. OEM Yamaha plastic isn't that expensive either.

not too sure of the oem yamaha plastic statement. I remember when I did my 426 they wanted almost double what I got my ufos for. Maybe its different for 450's?

OEM Yamaha plastic isn't that expensive either.
not too sure of the oem yamaha plastic statement. I remember when I did my 426 they wanted almost double what I got my ufos for. Maybe its different for 450's?

TT OEM shows blue radiator shrouds for $22 each, white for $39. Fenders are $25 each for the blue ans $38/$44 for the white.

Factory graphics, on the other hand, are $85 EACH SIDE for the blue model and $105 for the white. That's only the shroud graphics, and again, it's each side, so it's double that for a set.

Yamaha plastics are really cheap. Almost the same price as aftermarket. I'm glad they fixed their thinking on pricing.

Better rethink your thinking on that as it relates to the "special edition" colors. Their blue stuff is close to AM pricing, and is, IMO clearly a better quality and fit. But their yellow and white stuff is marked up considerably to roughly double AM prices.

I'm not at all certain of that. While Acerbis is generally a very good product, I have bought things from them in the past that lacked certain design elements of the OEM part I was replacing. They would still be one of my top aftermarket choices, however.

There was an article in the latest Dirt Rider on Acerbis, and I thought it said they manufactured the OEM Yamaha plastic but I'm probably wrong. I know they are OEM for 2-3 companies, I just can't recall which ones now :banghead:

There was an article in the latest Dirt Rider on Acerbis, and I thought it said they manufactured the OEM Yamaha plastic but I'm probably wrong.
Or they could be wrong.

Or I could be wrong. :banghead:

It could also be that the OEM's place restrictions on their aftermarket production, or that Acerbis cuts corners on it to do it cheaper, but I can't really say.

Better rethink your thinking on that as it relates to the "special edition" colors. Their blue stuff is close to AM pricing, and is, IMO clearly a better quality and fit. But their yellow and white stuff is marked up considerably to roughly double AM prices.

Your picky. I should have stated that I was refering to blue plastics only. My bike is blue so thats all I know and can speak about.

I second the notion that Acerbis plastic for Yamaha can be lacking. On my 426 yrs ago, I was unimpressed when some of the Acerbis pieces did not come with the metal spacers that OEM Yamaha plastics have. They also skinnied down the front fender by about an inch width-wise...I remember I kept looking at the front fender thinking something was different and once I started measuring things that was it. I guess it might save a couple ounces of weight by doing that, but I am just mentioning it because it definitely isn't the same as OEM. About a year ago I bought a set of Yamaha OEM plastics for my 06 450F through Yamaha and they were literally neck and neck price wise vs. Acerbis. Yamaha's showed up with all the metal spacers in there and everything so I couldn't have been happier.

Like already said the SE colors are double the price though which makes absolutely no sense! Whoever is the decision-maker at Yami over that one needs fired!

I have heard the Polisport Plastics are the best non-OEM aftermarker stuff for Yami's now, but have not had a piece in my hands to be the judge myself.

Honestly, I just replaced everything on my 426. You can shop around everywhere but the prices are all pretty close. You might save a dollar or two or five here and there, but you will make that up in shipping in other places. You will spend over a hundred for sure, so find a place that has free shipping for spending over a hundred. I personally have a very good working relationship with Dennis Kirk and I get taken care of very well through them.