09 WR450F Speedometer Km/Hr to MPH

7 replies to this topic
  • canfilm

Posted January 12, 2010 - 05:12 PM

I am running a WR450F in the three SCORE Baja races, and would like to have my Canadian bike read in MPH.

Does anyone know if there is a switch combo (ie: Reset+Select1 3sec) to have it switch from Km/hr to MPH.

My 09 Raptor700 does if I hold down the one button while turning on the key.

Any ideas?

• Deserthound

Posted January 12, 2010 - 06:22 PM

I don't know if the Canadian bike is the same, but my 07 changes by holding down the SLCT2 button for 2 seconds.

• RichFZR-WR

Posted January 14, 2010 - 12:44 PM

I find thats its not worth knowing how fast your going, cause thats when you panic:smirk:

My bikes got a knacked speedo drive so i don't know how fast i'm going.

Good job too, i over took a buddy of mine in a ploughed field, at the next stop he told me i was doing 70mph.

On the plus side i'm keeping the miles down on it.:banghead:

• canfilm

Posted January 14, 2010 - 06:21 PM

Tried the SELECT2, but did not work.

I'm trying to switch it over, as SCORE does it course layout with MILE markers. It is important to know where my next pit is. Also when racing, I really don't want to do math conversions in my head when hitting the silt beds.

Any other thoughts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted January 14, 2010 - 09:09 PM

I don't know if the Canadian bike is the same, but my 07 changes by holding down the SLCT2 button for 2 seconds.

That's what it says in my manual, haven't tried mine.

• wondermuscle

Posted January 15, 2010 - 08:20 AM

Select 2 button for a few seconds worked on my bike.

But I can't seam to figure out if there is an acutal odometer or if there are ONLY two trip settings. How am i suppose to keep track of the mileage of the bike with a resetable tripmeter. :banghead:

• KennyMc

Posted January 15, 2010 - 10:27 AM

Select 2 button for a few seconds worked on my bike.

But I can't seam to figure out if there is an acutal odometer or if there are ONLY two trip settings. How am i suppose to keep track of the mileage of the bike with a resetable tripmeter. :banghead:

That is all we get in the States. Tripmeter A/B which will reset when the battery is disconnected. We do have MPH/KPH though:crazy:

• wondermuscle

Posted January 15, 2010 - 01:35 PM

That is all we get in the States. Tripmeter A/B which will reset when the battery is disconnected. We do have MPH/KPH though:crazy:

Damn keyboard makers. You would think that such a diverse corporation would offer better electronics... Go figure.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.