great price on 2001

5 replies to this topic
  • YZThumpa

Posted October 20, 2000 - 05:02 PM

I bought my 2000 YZ426 at Hattiesburg,MS. for $5,299 out the door (paid tax in my home state La.). My brother just picked up his 2001 model at Bubba Bardwell's in Brookhaven, MS. for about $5,179 !!!!!!!And his was like the first one out the door, so it's not like they were desperate or anything. In La. I couldn't find anyone willing to come off sticker price, so it was worth the 2+ hour drive.

• Boit

Posted October 20, 2000 - 07:08 PM

I had the same experience. Got mine at House Of Cycles in Natchez for $5199 OTD...still haven't paid my La. sales tax. I suppose they'll catch up with me in 2001 or so. You know what really irks me is that in La. we can buy a new car, pay the sales tax, sell the car after 5 years, and the next guy has to pay sales tax on the same car AGAIN! Doesn't seem constitutional to me. Thumpa, do you happen to ride the track in Loranger and/or Fernwood Ms. ? Have you ever seen that huge guy that rides a 426? I think his last name is Potts and looks to be in his mid to late 40's about 6'7" and 300lbs and he isn't slow by a long shot. He gets the hole shot pretty often so I figure his engine has to be modified to accelerate that quickly with his weight.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 10-21-2000).]

• Ontario_Rider

Posted October 20, 2000 - 09:23 PM

Come to Canada where you can pay 15 percent tax also.. making it $7950 OTD..
But that is Canadian.. what is it compared to American right now.. like 3 dollars canadian to 1 us? :)
think it's like 1.55 candian right now to make a US dollar..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted October 20, 2000 - 09:54 PM

Ontario Rider: That sounds like a great exachange rate, however, wouldn't the transportation costs alone eat up any avings? Not to mention any tariffs?

• YZThumpa

Posted October 21, 2000 - 09:22 PM

Boit, I have ridden the LOranger track (Close Encounters) but have not yet been to Fernwood. Everyone has been talking about Fernwood and everyone seems very impressed. I haven't noticed the big guy racing but there are always several 426's racing and they usually fare well. A guy named Chris Daigle holeshots the 250 novice class every time I see him race. He runs a 2000 426 and I don't believe it is very modified. I haven't started racing yet, in fact I'm very new to this. I bought an XR 200 last November, which is he first bike I've ever had with a clutch and the first thing I've ridden in about 20 years. In April I decided to move up a notch but wanted a 4 stroke so I got a 426. The salesman thought I was nuts, and once I rode it I realized why. I was in way over my head. But now that I've gotten used to it, I love it.

• Boit

Posted October 21, 2000 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, I remember Daigle. I thought he had quit racing because he didn't like all the jumps that used to be at Fernwood. It is now a more high speed track with just a few jumps. The finish line jump is the wildest one. I haven't ridden it myself since it became Rollin' Thunder(used to be WFO) but I DID go to watch last Saturday night. I would prefer they would make it a bit rougher. It has no whoop section at all. By the way, I went to Close Encounters Wednesday afternoon and James, the owner, says he's looking for a job and will start locking the gate during weekdays. He knows I go out there at least once a week and he says he'll try to come up with something so I can still practice during weekdays. He recommends that you call first before driving out there. Races will be the 2nd and 4th Sundays starting in November.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 10-21-2000).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.