Honest Opinions:CRF450

4 replies to this topic
  • 1991hondaxr250r

Posted May 06, 2003 - 11:07 AM

Whether your a Kawasaki,KTM,Suzuki,Yamaha,or Honda driver, if you've driven the CRF450, what are your honest opinions about it?

• qadsan

Posted May 06, 2003 - 11:13 AM

I've only ridden a CRF450 a couple times a while back, but I was very impressed. It has a very good power to weight ratio and I look forward to seeing the CRF450X once it becomes available.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted May 06, 2003 - 01:00 PM

It's too small.

• Rokatt88

Posted May 06, 2003 - 01:11 PM

One of my good riding buddies got a new 2002 CRF450 right when they first came out. I was riding my CR500R at that time. The 450 was night and day in comparison. He would hook up and just leave me coming out of no traction condition turns. Then we both bought XR650's thinking we were going to be dual sporting. I fell in love with my BRP. For riding in Ocotilo Wells I feel that I give nothing away to the 450. We really have some epic battles when we ride together! :D He basically refuses to ride his 650 (who could blame him with his 450!). I feel no real desire to ride my 500 (but I have not brought myself to sell it yet!) I also can't bear the thought of putting all the dual sport foof on my Desert Panzer. When I have allowed myself to ride his 450, it is very impressive. I don't go out of my way to ride it preferring to go with what I know. All I can say is if the CRF450X is everything I think it's going to be...I'm all over it! I will NOT sell my 650 though. It's an awsome bike for the riding I do and I LOVE it. :)

Rokatt Report Over and Out! :D

• loufish

Posted May 06, 2003 - 02:45 PM

Rode the CRF for the first time this weekend...ROCKET SHIP!
This thing is awesome, and is plenty fast. I love my BRP, but the CRF is very balanced, light, and has unbelieveable throttle response. They tell me it has a pumper carb, I'm sure that helps.
The two bikes are in different classes, and I won't be selling my bike to get a CRF...but if I was looking for a 4 stroke MX'r then the CRF would be the one. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.